Program: Nursing Internship
Enrollment: Round the year
Who can apply?
Students of Nursing and Midwifery, Health Care and related health subjects are eligible to apply
Program Duration: Minimum 2 weeks to 20 weeks
Internship Nepal is an internship placement organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal that offers students the opportunities of nursing internship placements with some of the most prominent hospitals in Kathmandu. Some services of Internship of Nepal on offer are:
• We arrange the best possible internship placement with a hospital as per the students’ subject of interest and desired department.
• Individual guidance, constant supervision throughout the program and effective evaluation at the end.
• We provide accommodation and meals in our own home at the most affordable cost. Hospitals are at walking distance from home.
Students shall be engaged in:
While our dynamic and widely regarded internship programs has a lot more on offer than that can be illustrated on paper, following modalities will be implemented for the students in the hospitals for the internships program:
• Assisting doctors during treatments and surgeries at the hospital.
• Organizing and leading lectures, workshops and on the job training for staff and students at the hospital. Interaction/counseling/health education.
• Checking B.P and looking for any vital signs/symptoms.
• Taking history records of assigned patients.
• Going on ward rounds with the professor, and attending discussion sessions with seniors about the patients’ conditions.
• Observing and in some case working with existing staff to treat patients in order to gain an understanding of medical practices in Nepal.
• Taking part in outreach programs.
• Visiting other organizations in the local community, such as a children’s home or a home for the elderly, where you may provide health check-ups and offer companionship.
• Conducting (free) health camps and seminars in rural and health-care deprived areas.
Resaon for choosing Nepal:
A few key points below further strengthen the reasons students should visit Nepal for their internships:
1. Communicable diseases, called so because of their transmission from one person to another upon physical contact are common in Nepal, more so than any developed countries. Air and water borne diseases like diarrhea, TB, jaundice, cholera, dysentery, typhoid others alike are abundant in the rural parts of Nepal. The hospitals of Kathmandu shelter numerous patients with such illness from all over Nepal. Students will be able to detect, diagnose and assist in the treatments of patients. Not just that, they will also identify and learn about the reasons behind high mortality rates in developing countries like Nepal.
2. Health care system and the technology used for it in Nepal are extremely traditional and primitive. While all this, working with such treatment methods can construct students’ knowledge about working under tough situations and getting adapt to them. This surprisingly has proven the most effective, over the years.
3. As was aforementioned, the culture, people, lifestyle, society and festivals in Nepal are vivid, unique and interesting. Not only can students be a part of it, but they can also experience the holistic approach to treatments.
4. With the supreme subtlety in its natural delicacy, Nepal resides in the lap of the Himalayas and is a beautiful country. Known especially for the tough daring treks, it is a world famous destination for adventure sports: bungee, paragliding, skydiving, rafting to name a few. Students on their holidays and day offs, get to be a part of these adventurous activities.